I am so glad that the IG Homes category becomes so popular. Looks like so many of you love these interviews and always looking forward to the next one. It makes me very happy!
Today we are going to Germany once again, this time to discover the beautiful home of Anne, the VERY friendly lady behind @meineart_dp. Through the pictures you will discover an elegant space decorated with exquisite taste and precision… and despite all the white furniture this home feels warm and inviting, stylish and personal, reflecting exactly the owners living philosophy.
Me and Anne are both teapots lovers and I always feel challenged when she gets a new one 🙂 So let’s find out more about her and this beautiful home… Enjoy!
1. Try to define your personal interior style with only 3 words. Warm, friendly, inviting.
2. Do you have a philosophy when it comes to your home? I like homes with a personal touch, so I’m always interested in bringing that to my own house. I need the white line in most of the furniture, but I need some contrast as well. The warm wooden floor and the black tables bring me down to earth and some wooden details, black, glass, plants and flowers can always be found in here. Furthermore, I love to move the furniture from time to time, from room to room. So they can’t be too large and too heavy! ?
3. What made you start your IG account? I first heard about IG on my blog. Because I’m a curious person, I wanted to learn more about it. After starting my own account, I really didn’t know what to do with it. But a few months later, I started with filling it with pictures. Now, you can see what happened!
4. Do you feel you have a good relationship with your followers? I think I do. Not with all of them, of course, but with a huge part. I never thought I would meet one of them in real life but I was wrong. Till this day I’ve met 12 to 15 people, a couple of them several times a month. Isn’t that amazing?
5. Do you have a favourite piece in your home at the moment? Does it have a story that you can share with us? I’m in love with my COOEE-vases, that’s no secret! You’ll find one of them in nearly every picture. ☺ Thanks to Instagram I saw them and met the designer there. We wrote each other and now I have the vases at home and also on my online shop. Other amazing items will follow – I can’t wait!
6. Where do you find your inspiration? On other blogs, Instagram and most of all on Pinterest!
7. Do you think you have a styling addiction? If yes, is this affecting the people around you? 🙂 For sure! My family get annoyed with it sometimes! I know that – but I don’t care! :-)))? ?
8. What is currently on your wish list when it comes to your home? New sofas! But we haven’t yet found one that fits.
9. “Less is more” or “More is more”? I would say: Less is bore’! I like other homes, were less is more, but I need a bit more things around me to feel good and to always rearrange them. But not too many things either – that makes me nervous!
10. Best moment of your day? I love to get up early in the morning! It’s so wonderful to have plenty of time to spend in the bathroom and to dress up. After preparing breakfast, we usually sit in the kitchen, enjoy the meal and talk about 1000 things that happened. We do that for 45 minutes each day.
11. Favourite day of your life? The day I found my husband! We both are ” second hand” and I had given up hope to find a man like him. That was 20 years ago and we are still in love!
12. Name one thing you were scared to do, but you did it anyway. That’s a difficult question. I think it was the decision whether to have another child or not, because at that point my first son was already 15 years old. It wasn’t easy because I knew that everything I was glad to be through with would start again (like searching a babysitter, driving my kid to and from, helping with homework and so on). But I said Yes! Best decision ever!!!
13. If someone would write a biography about you, what do you think the title should be? “I don’t want that!” ? This is because it’s a big problem for me to do things I don’t like! If it comes to that I’ve no problem to say: ‘No!” ( Also a good title I think!? ) When I was younger, I used to tell people directly, but I learned to be a little more diplomatic. Today, I wrap it up in softer words.
14. Any piece of advice you would like to share with the world? Live and let live!… and the world would be a better place…