Ready for another interview from our “IG Homes” category? A new country today, one we haven’t been visiting so far… Can you guess? It’s Finland and the beautiful home of Annamaria!
I am sure many of you are already familiar with the pretty photos featured on @lifelikevino, but maybe not so many of you know who is “hiding” behind this inspiring account. We all fell in love at some point with this home full of softness, balance and light, and it is so exciting to find out more, isn’t it? And people never stop surprising me. There is always something unexpected in the answers, something that makes me say “oh, really??”… and I love that!
So let’s start our little interview and find out more about Annamaria and her passion for interior. Enjoy!
1.Try to define your personal interior style with only 3 words. Scandinavian, pure, bright.
2. Do you have a philosophy when it comes to your home? My philosophy is that home needs to be your favourite place. So I’ve tried to design our home to be the best place for our family. Our home needs to speak our language and not only look good, but feel so good that you feel with all senses that it’s good to be at home. Our sofa is a good example of this philosophy. I’ve always wanted to have a white minimalistic style sofa as I love how it looks, but instead of that, I decided to buy a huge sectional sofa that can fit us all and is super comfy. I still wanted it to be a timeless piece and good design.
3. What made you start your IG account? It was actually my husband who got the idea. I wanted to learn to use Instagram better, but didn’t want to have a public personal profile. His first suggestion was to create a food account (probably just wanted to get more fine dining at home ☺) as cooking is my other great passion. The more I thought about it, the better the idea of interior based account felt and so was LifeLikeVino created.
4. Do you feel you have a good relationship with your followers? Absolutely, my followers are amazing and they are one of the reasons why I love having LifeLikeVino. I always try to reply each one of them individually, but when the follower count keeps growing it’s getting a bit harder… Still I appreciate each and every comment and like, it’s amazing how those messages have a positive effect and I often have a big smile on my face when reading those. I’ve also virtually met so many wonderful people and got real friends too.
5. Do you have a favourite piece in your home at the moment? Does it have a story that you can share with us? My favourite piece is probably my white Chinese antique-style shoe cabinet. It doesn’t only look good but it’s super clever design (it’s designed to store more than 50 pairs of shoes inside but as my shoe size is 36, I can fit more than 70 😉 ) It’s bought from my favourite Chinese interior shop Kava Kava in Shanghai and custom made for us. It always reminds me of the wonderful 3 years we were living in Suzhou, China. I’m sure I will keep that cabin forever. You can see that cabinet on our 2nd livingroom, next to the wine cooler.
6. Where do you find your inspiration? Everywhere! All kind of different happenings in my life gives me inspiration. I try to collect pieces that have a story behind it, so that our furnitures aren’t just furnitures, but pieces with a story behind. I constantly get inspiration when traveling, visiting shops & restaurants, at my friends, watching movies, scrolling Instagram… I always keep my eyes open and if I see something nice, I’ll save a photo of it to my phone. I love to make moodboards and collect beautiful inspirational pictures.
7. Do you think you have a styling addiction? If yes, is this affecting the people around you? 🙂 I don’t know if I’d call it addiction myself, but my husband and friends might disagree with me 😉 Still I hope it doesn’t have a negative effect. I love to decorate and rearrange, so something is going on all the time. I might change our sofa cushions every week (you probably have noticed it) and am continuously changing the place for throws, vases and candle holders…
8. What is currently on your wish list when it comes to your home? A perfect armchair, should be a timeless piece and super comfy. I’ve been looking for it for a long time.
9. “Less is more” or “More is more”? Less is more, I believe. I love simple and minimalistic style, but I feel all the time that I have too much things around me. I have an obsession for cushions and vases and our closets are full of those! It is much easier to keep home clean if you don’t have so many things… I love the philosophy of Konmari, you only keep the stuff that makes you happy, the rest you can toss away. I still have much to do in decluttering our home and probably never even want to have a perfect “Konmari-home”, but I’m on my way.
10. Best moment of your day? The short time in the morning when me and my kids gather at the sofa and cuddle before we start the day.
11. Favourite day of your life? I must say the classics and can’t pick just one, the day when I married the love of my life and the days when my kids were born. I’ll never forget the overwhelming feeling of happiness.
12. Name one thing you were scared to do, but you did it anyway. Move to China, to a new country where in the beginning I didn’t know anybody else than my husband.
13. If someone would write a biography about you, what do you think the title should be? “She never stayed still”
14. Any piece of advice you would like to share with the world? Before falling asleep, I always think at least one positive thing that happened today.
Thank you Annamaria for sharing your wonderful thoughts with us. If you would like to see more photos from this beautiful home, make sure you follow Annamaria’s Instagram account @lifelikevino.