It was such a long time since the last interview from the IG Homes category. But today is the day! We are traveling to Finland once again, this time for visiting Piia behind the beautiful Instagram account @piiatuuli.
We will discover a modern and elegant Scandinavian home, where less is definitely more and the outdoor is as spectacular as the indoor. A calm and inspiring home which I can’t wait to share with you. So, lets get started!
1. Hi Piia! Try to define your personal interior style with only 3 words. Timeless, bright and elegant.
2. Do you have a philosophy when it comes to your home? Home must be tidy. Home must be a place where all the family members can enjoy oneself and feel safe.
3. What made you start your IG account? I like photographing and I wanted to share my photos with others . I started by sharing photos of my daily life. Later I started to take photos of the interior of our home.
4. Do you feel you have a good contact with your followers? I believe so. I get a lot of unbelievable sweet comments on my photos and I try to answer all of them the best I can. Many of my followers have become important in some way even if I don’t really know them.
5. Do you have a favourite piece in your home at the moment? Does it have a story that you can share with us? The desk in our son’s, Daniel’s room. The desk is over 100 years old. Our children’s grandfather had it restored and gave it to us as a gift so the desk would be kept in the family.
6. Where do you find your inspiration? I get inspiration from everywhere. I read a lot of interior design magazines and I look for ideas from hotels, restaurants and on Pinterest, Houzz and Instagram. If I see something that I like, I just take a photo of it.
7. Do you think you have a styling addiction? If yes, is this affecting the people around you? 🙂 There might be a little styling addict in me 😉 This surely has an affect on the family. I purchase new pieces and I might change the order in the children’s rooms on my own. My daughter might have sometimes gotten upset because of this.
8. What is currently on your wish list when it comes to your home?Reupholstering the living room sofas and getting a new rug 🙂
9. “Less is more” or “More is more”? Less is more.
10. Best moment of your day? Definitely the mornings, when our youngest child wakes up and wants to lie in bed next to mom.
11. Favourite day of your life? The birth of my children and my wedding day.
12. Name one thing you were scared to do, but you did it anyway. Jumping off the ten meter diving board at the outdoor swimming pool.
13. If someone would write a biography about you, what do you think the title should be? Small and energetic.’
14. Any piece of advice you would like to share with the world? I Believe that everything in life happens for a reason.
Thank you so much Piia for sharing your gorgeous home with us! It was really nice to get to know you better. If you would like to see more of this inspiring Finish home, make sure you follow Piia’s Instagram account @piiatuuli
A wonderful Sunday to everyone!