I’ve decided to open a new category here on the blog. I’ve called it “IG Homes” – meaning beautiful homes I have discovered on Instagram. I think there are so many amazing homes out there, owned by inspiring people with an impressive interest in interior design. These homes though never get to be published in a magazine or somewhere else, so lets do this here! Let us discover beautiful homes and the people living in them.
First one up is the wonderful Klara (@kajastef). As many of you might know already, she is from Czech Republic and has an amazing little boy who recently turned 2 (and he already knows the alphabet and to count in English!). I was so impressed by Klara’s incredible rise on Instagram. Everybody fell in love not only with her beautiful home, but also with Klara’s supportive and warm personality. The pictures will speak for themselves, but for those of you who would like to know Klara better, here is our little interview with a few questions she was very kind to answer.
1. Try to define your personal interior style with only 3 words: Simple. Nordic. Bright.
2. Do you have a philosophy when it comes to your home? Simplicity is the best because less is more. Genius things are always easy.
3. What made you start your IG account? Our new house which has been built in 2015 – I was looking for some inspiration.
4. Do you feel you have a good relationship with your followers? Hope so. There are a lot of (mostly) ladies who I can call my “IG” friends. I always try to answer the questions about my interior or give some tips. I wanted people to like my home not just because of the photos, but also because of the people who live in it.
5. Do you have a favourite piece in your home at the moment? Does it have a story that you can share with us? Sure. It’s the black armchair in the corner of our living room. My hubby didn’t want it. His mom bought it as a Christmas present and ta da daaa..here it is. A nice solitaire piece which is part of a corner that is quite significant for our home.
6. Where do you find your inspiration? Pinterest and Instagram. I started by following blogs of famous Czech designers and lifestyle bloggers who later have become my friends.
7. Do you think you have a styling addiction? If yes, is this affecting the people around you? 🙂 Sure I have. That’s why I love your blog so much and check IG every single day. But I don’t think it affects the people close to me. My hubby knows this is my hobby, my pleasure, my escape from reality. He tries to look happy even if sometimes he has to ask how much I have paid for something…
8. What is currently on your wish list when it comes to your home? Sooo many things. I’m trying to fulfill my dreams gradually. Mainly due to the fact that I am trying to not drive my husband crazy…But let’s see, picking the most wanted: String shelf, Hay chair and Love Warrior poster.
9. “Less is more” or “More is more”? Ha ha, funny. I have just written the answer above. Sometimes we think the same way, don’t you think?
10. Is there anything in your home that you have designed yourself or built according to your wish? I have designed the whole interior of our house myself, well most of it 🙂 All our furniture (except the cabinets behind our dining table, the furniture in the study-room and our bed) were custom made according to my instructions (kitchen cabinets, wardrobes, wall colours and so on….) This is my passion and my little creative soul is sooo happy on all the feedback I get from my followers.
11. Best moment of your day? Evening, definitely. Time to relax, time for me. Our little one sleeps and we have time for ourselves (how was our day, some planning or just talk about unnecessary things) or for things we love to do separately, which for me means checking the news, IG, e-shops… Maybe it’s just because of my maternity leave and I don’t want the others to think that I don’t like to spend time with our kid. Moms understand me 🙂
12. Favourite day of your life? It is impossible to pick just one. But all of them are connected to my family. The day when I met my husband, the day when he proposed, the day I found out I was pregnant, the day when our little one was born and the day when we spent our first night in our new house.. I am just a family person 🙂
13. If someone would write a biography about you, what do you think the title should be? Lucky Klara
14. Any piece of advice you would like to share with the world? “What you do not want done to yourself, do not do to others” (Confucius).
Thank you so much Klara for sharing your home and thoughts with us. If you want to see more of her beautiful home make sure you follow Klara’s Instagram account @kajastef.