My next interview for the “IG Homes” category takes us to Norway. This time I have the pleasure to introduce you to an elegant and stylish Scandinavian interior, own by my dear friend Siv (@nr13b) and her lovely family. She is a mom of two little treasures and you can feel her heart and huge care for details in every single room. A distinct style behind a wonderful person, a person I appreciate more and more every day.
So lets get to know her better. All “black & white decor” fans get ready for a special treat today!
1. Try to define your personal interior style with only 3 words: Scandinavian, light, black&white.
2. Do you have a philosophy when it comes to your home? I want our home to be a place we enjoy to spend time. Even though I want our home to be tidy and clean, we have spaces in the house that are child friendly. The kids have a TV room in the third floor where they can mess as much as they want without me whining about it. I also want out home to feel warm an inviting. And, since the colour scheme is rather monochrome, I feel it’s important to add a little wood, greens and glass/silver/copper elements.
3. What made you start your IG account? I actually started a private IG account first. Then I started following many interior accounts to find inspiration. I started @nr13b for fun. I wanted a place where I could share my interior interests and pictures from our home. I did not tell anyone but the closest family about it. It was supposed to be a break from everyday life, and I had never expected it to be this great.
4. Do you feel you have a good relationship with your followers? Yes, I do, and I hope my followers feel that way, too. In the beginning, I wrote in Norwegian, but a while ago, I changed to English, so more people could understand what I wrote. Now I talk to people all over the world and that is exciting! I have several IG friends that I enjoy following and I try my best to answer all comments and questions in my comments section.
5. Do you have a favourite piece in your home at the moment? Does it have a story that you can share with us? I have several favourite pieces in my home, and it is so difficult to pick only one. Right now, I am over the moon about my picture shelf my husband made for me! I really like that we made it together. He built it and I painted it 😉 I love the idea of changing the look of it by adding new pictures or books. I am afraid of hanging pictures on the wall, so this fits me very well 😉 In addition, the fact that it is black makes a nice contrast in the room.
6. Where do you find your inspiration? I find most of my inspiration on IG and Pinterest. However, I also search magazines and interior books. Sometimes I also have to see things in real life to see its true beauty and get a craving for it. Like the tree stumps I have in my living room. I had seen them in pictures and liked them a lot, but it was first when I got to touch them and see them for real I fell in love with them.
7. Do you think you have a styling addiction? If yes, is this affecting the people around you? 🙂 Haha! Yes, I definitely do! My husband actually started laughing when he read the question, so I guess he feels affected by it. I do unfortunately have too many ideas for our home. I often change the look of things and nag to get it the way I want. I know I can be a real pain to live with sometimes, because I am very eager to get things done when I have decided something. My husband says I am lucky to have him to avert me from ending up in the luxury trap… Haha! But, I never spend more than we can afford 😉
8. What is currently on your wish list when it comes to your home? Where to start…? Haha! I constantly have something on my wish list! Right now I crave for some more pictures from @kodakmoments_bynina, a Domo table, a countertop in black, and on top of my list (and never to be fulfilled) a ph Kongle lamp from Louis Poulsen. I am also always on the look for beautiful coffee table books.
9. “Less is more” or “More is more”? I guess I am a “less is more” person. I would rather have a statement piece than lots of small items.
10. Best moment of your day? My days are kind of different from what they normally are, because I am in maternity leave right now. So I really enjoy the time of the day when my whole family is gathered. It is so nice to see my kids play together, even though they are six years apart. Theo is so proud of his little sister. Therefore, the best moment of my day is when we all are together after a long day apart. However, I also enjoy the me-time I get when the kids are in bed 😉 Then I have time for IG, reading, talking with my husband etc…
11. Favourite day of your life? How to pick only one?! Impossible 😉 I could mention so many… The days my kids were born and my wedding day are my top three favourite days.
12. Name one thing you were scared to do, but you did it anyway. I was scared to paint the floors white, but we did it anyway. To keep the floor the way it was, was not an option. We thought about changing it, but we decided to paint it first. I was scared it would be ugly, too bright or impossible to keep clean, but I have not regretted for a second. In fact, it has been the best thing we have done in the house.
13. If someone would write a biography about you, what do you think the title should be? @nr13b – behind the scenes. Haha! No, but my husband always bullies me to start an IG account with that name, because of all the crazy things I do to get a perfect shot 😉 Maybe ‘Not always perfect’? This was a difficult question, Natalia!
14. Any piece of advice you would like to share with the world? Always trust your instinct.